CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 29, 2006

The journey thus far........

The countdown is on. In matter of hours, we will be bidding adieus to year 2006 and ushering in year 2007. As I posed and reflected on the highlights, the ups and downs, frustrations, failures, blessings etc, of 2006, my feelings was that of one huge emotional roller coaster. It had been an eventful year for us, with Ruth taking on the first of her many public examinations in her school life and the "launching" of my writing "career" through this blogsite. Of course, there were many more less significant events that add colour and variety to our lives, but that life's in inevitable cycle. The ebb and flow. We have to move on. Let those lessons and historical episodes be our almater and teacher.

What is in store for year 2007? How, I wish that I could lay my hands on one of those " magic binoculars" that would allow me a little peek into the future. Just a short glimpse into what's the journey is going to be like. But, in real life, no such "magic binoculars" exists. We just have to take each step a time and count our blessings. Like what they say, happiness is a journey, not a destination.

0 comments: