CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 3, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane......

Yipee! After being in OZ for almost a year, Ruth and I are finally going home to Malaysia! The packing almost done, with last minute reminders to the neighbours to keep an eye on the house, collecting the mail and arranging to pay the utility bills on online.

Looking back, it had been a roller-coaster and challenging journey. We made many new friends and experienced a different culture and the goodness of our God. I must say that I improved my culinary and driving skills. When I was a FTWM, I hardly cooked or baked. It was all done by my indonesian maids. Here in OZ I had no choice but to cook and bake as eating out is rather expensive and, of course I promoted myself to "the indonesian maid". So, we still enjoyed malaysian dishes and kuih-muih even in OZ.

Ruth also made new friends and experienced many "firsts". Initially, it was a struggle for her to adapt to the method of teaching here, which is different from Malaysia. As a result, she did not do very well in her studies. But, she is willing to work hard and improve herself.

But God is good. My faith was strengthened and spiritual life encouraged when I joined the Disciple I studies and the bible study in the Women's Fellowship at Church.

0 comments: