CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just a walk......

I am 48 years old today. No grand celebration, just a cake contributed by Ruth, some presents and SMSes from friends. Looking back and taking a walk down memory lane, it had been some life. No doubt, there were highlights, disappointments, defining moments, denials, trials, temptations, blessings and a mixed bag of ups & downs. Memories frozen in time, chapters closed. I must admit that at times, I was careless, insensitive, selfish and selfcentered. Human traits no doubt, but there should be no excuses, right? I had always been guided by my late dad's maxim that "Life is measured not by time but by actions".

But foremost, I had experienced God's goodness, graciousness, mercy and love. Time and time over again, I went astray and sinned but He forgave me and led me back into His fold. Call me a religious freak, if you may, but I must admit that without Him, I would not have lived life to the fullest.

After 48 years, I must say that, life had somewhat made a philosopher out of me. In my younger days, I dreamed big and craved for more. But as the years passed, it mellowed me, drawing me into real life episodes and escapades with grim reminders that life and things in this world are only temporary and fleeting.

Recently, I read a best seller entiled "tuesdays with Morrie". The author Mitch documents his tuesdays with his college professor, Morrie on a journey of discovery on life, love, experiences, death as his professor lay dying. Something refreshing to ponder upon.





0 comments: