CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gardens........



I must admit that I possess neither green thumb nor fingers. It will be a death sentence for any plants if I were to take care of them. But, not my maid. She loves gardening and all my potted plants, orchids and fruit trees are well taken care by her.

About two months ago, my next door neighbour bought some "four angle beans" or "si-kak-tao" seeds and pass them to my maid to plant. She planted them next to our chain link fencing separating our lots and four of the seedlings sprouted. We agreed that each of us will be entitle to harvest the beans on the respective sides of the fencing. The plants have grown real well and with some fertilizers, we are now enjoying the fruits of our labour, so much so that I gave the extra beans to my friends and the other neighbours. Hmm....Savoury and crunchy when fried with garlic, eggs or "ikan bilis". Plus, real healthy as we do not spray any pesticides.

Gardening aside, Ruth is into the second week of her holidays and enjoy snoozing late, watching TV, drawing cartoons, blogging and trying to complete the homework given by her teachers. She had to complete 7 workbooks of the respective core subjects and write 22 essays. She had been complaining since the day the whole assignment was handed down. It somewhat spoiled her holidays! But, it's a big relief for me, as I need not worry about assigning her any homework. Yipee!

1 comments:

Ruth Tiong said...

ahem...please don't be so happy about it ok? I'm almost dead because of it!