CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Hear along....

School break will be in two weeks' time. Ruth just completed her final examinations today. For the past week she had been tense and edgy, having to complete all 12 papers in 5 days. She came back tired and exhausted after each exam day and it's a big relief that the nightmare was finally over. When I was a student, my parents and relatives used to tell me that school days are supposed to be the best ones in my life, that I only need to study hard, get good grades and the rest will take care of itself. Looking at Ruth's dedication, hardwork and sometimes struggle to do well, I am not so sure that this is still the case today. Times have changed and in this increasing competitive age, it certainly takes alot more than academic qualifications to qualify for a good paying job or mainstream acceptance in the society. I can see that Ruth has to polish herself in many areas of her life before she's finally ready.

Studies aside, hubby came back last weekend to attend some meetings at his former workplace. He flew back to Malacca on Tuesday and is now on his way to the United States of America for a working visit to some oil refineries there. And maybe a chance to meet presidental hopefuls Barrack Obama or John McCain. Ha! Ha! Just a joke!

0 comments: