CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Guideposts-books

Just recently, I was tidying and rearranging the books and magazines at Ruth's bedside table when I stumble upon a book by Guideposts. It was Ruth's eleventh birthday gift from a close family friend. Entitled "Stories of Friendship" it is warm and touching, sometimes humorous or sad, but always about the enduring bond of friendship. The stories are really heartwarming and uplifting, giving insights and reflections on the goodness of love, kindness, forgiveness, sacrifices and the value of true friendships.

Looking back in retrospect, books had always influenced my life. During my primary and lower secondary school years, I live in Mukah, a small township in Sarawak. Our home is located next to the public library and I would take every opportunity of my leisure time to visit and read the books and magazines. Although most of them are rather old and worn out, but, nevertheless, I enjoyed reading them. This reading habit, inculcated during those years continued into my teenage and adulthood.

I always enjoyed a good book. Romance, thrillers, biographies, novels, magazines, commentaries, comics, etc, often hold me spellbound, sometimes for hours. Many a times, I could hardly dare to put down a good book until I finished the last pages. Truly, books are like real treasures, giving me new insights and experience into dreams and journeys beyond the classroom of my life.

0 comments: