CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Those funny times..........

I was pleasantly surprised to receive two containers of home-made cookies from a family friend. The cookies were her new year gifts to us and hmm... chocolate and butter, my favourites. I love cookies but must admit shamefully that my baking skills are really lacking. I recalled baking a batch of butter cookies some years back but the result was a disaster..I set the temperature of the oven too high and the whole batch was burnt. What a waste and I got a good scolding from hubby! The whole kitchen smelt like a BBQ pit. It was a good lesson learnt.

Hubby never really trusted my baking skills after the disastrous incident and he insists that we order cookies and cakes for every new year celebration. He even took over the preparation and cooking of the reunion dinner itself although his was also not without any mishaps. During one such occasion, his lemon chicken dish was rendered unpalatable as he dipped the chicken meat in too much cornflour before frying. The fried chicken pieces were as hard as stone and Ruth jokingly remarked that she had to "sharpen" her teeth before eating them. Finally, the chicken pieces were offered to our cat Angel, but she was't too keen on them either. I noticed that she had difficulty chewing and swallowing them. So much for a good laugh over the whole episode!

0 comments: