CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

As we travel along........

Just recently, I read about a South Korean actress and pop singer who was found hanged in her home in Incheon, Korea. It was claimed that she committed sucide. Of course, this was not the first suicide that I had read about. But it set me wondering, why? She had it all, beauty, glamour, fame and the paper even claimed that she was a favourite pop star among teenagers in Asia. Even her fans were surprised as they were awaiting the release of her latest album in February. But she suffered from depression and emptiness. It's a sobering fact whatever she had could not fill nor give her a reason to go on living. She allegedly posted on her website that " I feel everything is empty." I am again walking down a path to reach a destination that I don't know". Sometimes, I could identify with her. Depression and emptiness had been part and parcel of my life when I was feeling really low, despondent and over-whelmed with my lot. Somehow, there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. A lonely and frighteneing journey, I could say.

But, looking back, my life also has its share of blessings and good times. Family members, close friends, fellow co-workers all chipped in to add variety and colour as we travel along. No doubt, challenges and difficult times do crop up once in a while, like a bend down the road, but it is how you respond to them that matters. They can be important lessons learnt along the way.

0 comments: